*********************************************************
Austin Kids Chess Club has moved to a new website:
*********************************************************

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Complaints from YMCA staff

We received this from YMCA Y-Club coordinator:

Subject: Saturday's Chess Club Tournament

Good Morning Nam,

Well, we certainly had a large turnout this past Saturday for our chess tournament. I was wondering if you had the total number of people who participated on hand. I wanted to make sure that they all registered for the Club House as we made it a condition for tournament entry.

Also, I'm writing inquiring as to how the Chess Tournament went after I left at 2pm. I ask because I received several complaints from the staff saying that the kids were 'out of control' in the hallways. I was told that several kids were roller-blading in the halls and screaming and continuously ignored the staff.

I've already sent out an e-mail to everyone allowing their kids to use the gym (with Shoes) and/or the outdoor playground. I also stated that kids needed to be supervised by parents at all times. I've spoken with my director and we decided that if this happens again we will ask the entire family to leave and revoke their Club House membership. I will send out another e-mail to the parents reminding them of the YMCA rules and the open gym while their other kids are playing.

Thank you for your work on the tournament and I look forward to hearing from you.

Patricia

--
Patricia Serna

Northwest Family YMCA
5807 McNeil Dr.
Austin, TX 78729
(512) 335-9622

No comments:

Post a Comment